[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
St Andrew’s Scots Memorial Church and Scottish Guesthouse were built to honour the many Scottish soldiers who died fighting the Turks during the Great War, ending Ottoman rule over Palestine.
Field Marshall Lord Allenby laid the foundation stone in 1927. The building was dedicated in 1930. Designed by Clifford Holliday, it combines western and oriental architectural elements. Its clean, plain lines evoke a Highland castle and keep. Notable use is made of Armenian ceramics, both inside and out.
Today, the Scottish Guesthouse is your home in the heart of Jerusalem. It offers a combination of comfort, location, value and style. Looking across the Hinnom Valley to the Jaffa Gate, with a spectacular view of the old and the modern city, it is within easy walking distance of both. It is owned and managed by the coursework help Church of Scotland and is an ideal base for pilgrimage, business, or tourism.
The Guesthouse creates a welcoming atmosphere
with a special sense of peace and tranquillity.